Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Tool Time

Now. Ineed to bring up a subject- tools. Iread prepper forums and I see lots of posts on peoples' plans for water, guns, and food, as if that is all we'll need to worry about. I, on the other hand, have devoted a goodly chunk of space to tools.

I think that after TEOTWAWKI we are going to need our tools more than ever. I know that I'm a pretty fair hand at most things. I can build anything from a garden to a house, given materials, time, and TOOLS.  Know what I mean? So save room on the ark for tools, they can be the only ones around. You won't be running down to Lowe's if you need something. That includes nuts, bolts, washers, nails, screws, and a host of other fasteners and connectors.

Before someone comments, I know that there will be people forging nails, but will they be near you? And, will they feel like sharing? As noted above, there  are lots more that can't be home forged. Even screws and bolts need steel rod as a start. Heavens, we may have to rely on scavanged items, cause I doubt there'll be new steel made for a long time.

Now start thinking about ALL the consumables. Think about saw blades, razor blades, all the sanitary supplies, over the counter drugs, prescription drugs, car/bike/trailer tires, electrical wire and cable, and on and on. Go write a list (eek! And paper and pencils/pens!) of all the disposable/consumable things you need to live and work at whatever trade you think will make you valuable in an agrarian society. Remember: the more valuable you are alive, the less time you need to waste on self-defense!

No comments:

Post a Comment